Friday, March 16, 2012

Not a fan of chicken breast...UNTIL NOW!

I should have taken a picture of this but I was too busy eating...story of my life! Haha.

I used to eat a lot of chicken and veggies when I was in college, because I was always trying to keep up my appearance. (Having to prance around in a college cheer uniform every Saturday will do that to ya!) I got to a point where I was so sick of it after a while. Since then, I hardly eat chicken. Unless I can cover it in a sauce or it is battered and fried :)

I saw this recipe and decided to try it out. It is AMAZING! I am now a lover of chicken in the crock pot and this SUPER easy recipe is impossible to screw up. Here is what you need:

1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 packet of Ranch Dressing (this is the seasoning in the packet used to make the dressing)
1 to 2 cans of Chicken Broth (I used the low sodium one)
Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

First, lay the chicken breasts in the crock pot. I grab a cup and mix the two seasining packets with one can of broth and then pour it over the chicken in the pot. If you have thicker chicken, you will want to add the second can of broth so that the chicken is covered. You can either cook it fast (on High for a few hours) or if you are like me, put it on low when you leave for work and then in the evening it will be perfect :)

You can either pull apart the chicken or dice it up. I used this for tacos/ fajitas, burritos, wraps, and also paired it with some veggies. The flavor is so yummy and the chicken is so tender and juicy. It was so easy and so delicious!

Happy crock potting!

No comments: