Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"He will give you the desires of your heart."


I absolutely adore this verse. There is so much power behind the words. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart! I think too many people misinterpret this and in the end get frustrated that they were not given what they desired. I struggled with this for a while myself. I thought I knew what I wanted, but over time, I have learned more about what it means to delight myself in the Lord, and realized that what I thought I was looking for was nothing but a stereotypical being that had to have certain character traits. I believe the Lord gives us things once we finally understand and are ready for it. Otherwise, we take it for granted and we end up ruining it. I feel like I have finally realized what it really is I have been looking for, and I asked for it daily. I believe the Lord works in mysterious ways, and events in my life all had to happen a certain way and in a certain order for everything to align just right. I am finally in a place where I have been given exactly what I asked for and I thank Him everyday for it.

My challenge to you, is to really think about what you want, or if you are upset that you think you deserve something you do not have, and just take some time to dig deep and try to understand why it is that way. Maybe you are not ready for it. Maybe what you think you need is not what God has planned for you. Do not be angry if you do not have what you want. Realize that there is something even greater than you can imagine that He has in store for you. But you must delight yourself in Him, and ask. You may get what you want in time, or you may realize that there was a reason God did not want you to have that.

No comments: