Monday, August 27, 2012

You Can't Make Someone Be Your Friend


I saw this and was like yes, yes it is. I have learned that it is impossible to have a successful conversation with someone that has no intention of being anything but rude. It is so frustrating to explain anything to someone who only sees what they want to see and refuses to see the actual picture in front of them. I have tried to mend the friendship but sometimes you just can't because the other person is so impossible. They think by being rude they are winning over you. It drives me nuts when people act that way. I like to think that I am an open minded and forgiving person. I know we all have situations where we draw our own conclusions from only one piece of data, but sometimes we don't see the full picture. We have to be able to sit back and see that we only saw a portion of it, and that once the full picture is revealed, we can then realize maybe the conclusions we drew on the portion were not true of the whole. I am frustrated with people who only see the portion of the picture and refuse to see the whole. They draw conclusions on one instance and once the truth is revealed, they refuse to listen to it. I guess if they really valued the friendship they would take time to listen. I know you can't make people be your friends but it hurts when they base their refusal on something they concluded that is false.

On that note, thanks to my genuine friends who know who I really am.

No comments: